This week is an exciting wait for all stationery addicts like myself – it is National Stationery Week! I was sent a little bundle of some lovely stationery to celebrate, and as today is #penandpencil day I thought I would share with you my thoughts on the bits & pieces they gifted me.
Each day this week has a different theme – yesterday was #makeanote day, and I was busy making notes during ‘work’ a phone call, which I find always helps me sort things out in my head while I’m chatting, as well as working as a to-do list after the call too.
It’s National Stationery Week and today’s theme is #makeanote – I’ve been using this lovely @Sheaffer_Page pen sent to me by the @NatStatWeek team to make notes in my TN notebook during a call with the boss lady over at @BlogOnUK today! #NatStatWeek pic.twitter.com/3BX7qmHDP3
— Zoe C (Mama Geek) (@zoecorkhill) April 23, 2018
I was sent some lovely pens and colouring pencils for National Stationery Week, here’s a little run down of what I got and my thoughts…
- Cross Century II ballpoint pen in pearlescent white & a lovely pen pouch to keep it safe – this pen is really smart and a fairly compact size which is great for carrying around with you. It writes nicely and comes in a range of other colours too.
- Sheaffer Sagaris chrome ballpoint pen in metallic blue – I love this pen and it’s now one of my every day pens, living in my planner pen loop. I love a good black ballpoint pen and this one is perfect for my needs.
- Mustard Lucky Cat Mini Pencil Case – this cute and compact faux leather mini pencil case is perfect for strapping onto a notebook and slipping into your bag. It’s big enough for 4 or 5 pens and looks really nice, with a Lucky Cat zipper.
- Derwent Procolour tin – these are beautiful colouring pencils, they blend really nicely and I can definitely see me popping this handy tin in my bag with a little adult colouring book.
- Manuscript Callicreative Duotips – I love the range of colours in this set, and it’s so handy when markers are double ended as it makes them twice as compact.
I’ve almost achieved ‘planner peace’ with my Traveller’s Notebook – I use an Ink Bandits one and as you can see the leather cover is wearing & ageing naturally which I adore. The Sheaffer pen looks great with the purple leather cover and is perfect for making quick notes in my diary or notebooks. I’m just waiting for my new planner insert from Ultimate Success Planner to arrive as I’m just not getting on with the layout of my current one. Let me know if you want a peek inside!
Tomorrow the London Stationery Show is on, and the theme of the day is #stationerytheworldover – I’ll be stalking the hashtag as I love seeing stationery from different countries… I know, I’m a total nerd. Thursday is #workhappy and I have a special post & giveaway planned so check back for that! I’ll try to get involved with the themes later in the week too, so keep an eye on my social channels for a peek at my planner, inside my office drawers and so on.
I’m giving away a few of the bits from this post, along with some other stationery goodies. The post will be up soon!